Saturday, July 5, 2008

Busy? Who’s busy?? –

A lot of people use the word busy in their everyday life. Busy here, busy there. I sometimes use this to denote I AM NOT INTERESTED. Yes, this is the only thing that could possibly mean it. Call me a bad guy but I believe this is the only phrase that is closest to it. Mostly, if you are not interested, or if it is not one of your priorities, you will say, I am busy now and can’t make it. I will do it later. Nobody works 25 hours a day (yes, I mean 25 hours. Like the song from the Beatles, 8 days a week). Nobody in his damn single day, has not rested in an hour or so. If I invite somebody to attend to something, and he/she does not respond up to my second request, I won’t do it the third time (since he/she might have forgotten the first one). I will definitely back off. If the object gives you money, if the object makes you happy, if it makes you something out of the ordinary and sleep with a smile in your face, or anything that pleases you, or anything that is rather important to you, even if you have not rested for quite a long time, you will do it at once, and not later. Time management is all you need. So, what the hell do you mean by busy now? Any thoughts?


P.S. I may not able to reply to your comments because I am so damn busy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're right. Sometimes I say I am busy when it means I am not interested but sometimes I really mean it, if it happens that I am pre-occupied but will really do it later. If the other person does not respond to it in a span of time, then there is something wrong. He might not be interested at all. Thanks! You got me there.

Anonymous said...

I used to say I am busy when one of my neighbors invites me to have lunch with them inside their home. He has a bad attitude I would say. lol! Yeah, busy is the best thing to say when you're not interested. But I also hate it when people say that to me a couple of times! Damn stupid!

veren said...

I can give allowance to those who say they're busy but will do it later and really do it.....but for those who say it but never do....I say they are hypocrites to the highest level!

Anonymous said...

Well, if they don't want it, they should have the guts to tell it to you personally and not saying later. What is the problem of saying sorry, right? I always say sorry if I can't, and nobody will hold you for it, instead of letting them wait and wait and wait. Way to go guys!!

veren said...

you're right Adrian...why is it so hard for other people to say "sorry" Im not interested....sorry I cant make it....sorry that's a waste of time for me etc etc.... Its better than pretending to be interested but in truth they're not. These people are just fooling themselves. What a pity.....

Anonymous said...

Veren, I think they are also not interested in saying those words, he-he-he. But kidding aside, a lot of people really do not have the right mind to do it. Should I do it or should I not? The finger is stuck and could not move. Are they really happy with what they are currently doing? Others say they don't want to add "little things" like this in their hectic schedules. But like the blogger says, nobody works without a rest. Well, finding time with other people in their locality could be more fun than using internet to say sweet nothings. It's their own choice and we should also respect that.

veren said...

Yeah...its their choice....but again, if they cannot be true to their ownselves, how can they be true towards other people, be it in the internet or personal? Putting up a facade...that's false pride....

Anonymous said...

Kapag ang isang tao ay inimbitahan mo at hindi sumipot, malamang sa hindi, na hindi siya interesado o hindi ka ganun kaimportante sa buhay nya. Maraming mga tao ang nabubulagan sa kanilang pang-araw-araw na buhay na sa kanilang pagkaka-akala ay masaya sila doon. Marahil ay totoo. At kung idadagdag ka pa, wala na siyang panahon at malamang masira ang iba pa niyang pinagkakaabalahan. Bigyan mo ng sapat na panahon. Kung walang mangyayari, palagay ko ay ikaw na ang makakasagot nito.